Sunday, April 20, 2014

Stop a Dog From Chewing

Stop a Dog From Chewing

Ready to stop a dog from chewing? Well, you've come to the right place! You see, my dog, Walker, had AWFUL chewing problems, which in turn ended up costing me hundreds of dollars replacing furniture, and other objects. Hopefully your dog hasn't gotten that bad yet, but if he does, you will need to learn how to stop him!

Eventually though, I was able to prevent my dog from chewing MY stuff, and got him to chew his own things. Below I've organized a few of the main tips that helped me. This may not FULLY stop your dog, but hopefully it will help.

Tip #1 - There's always the risk of your dog chewing, so one of the safest routes to take, is to keep everything out of reach of your dogs demon jaws. If he can't reach it, he can't chew it ;). This may be kind of hard to do though, because your dog can, and will chew everything, and you can't keep everything in the air. Tip #2 - If you don't want to hide everything from your dog, you could always find a way to teach him what's good and bad to chew on. Obviously he only chews because he thinks it's okay, so if you teach him that it's not okay, he won't do it anymore. Now don't go wasting hundreds of dollars on a dog trainer to stop a dog from chewing, because you can learn everything you need from online ebooks and video courses. I'll elaborate more below. Tip #3 - This one is more of a "not tip". By this, I mean this is what not to do that I see way too many people do. I mentioned it above, but I think I should talk about it a little bit more. That is, do not ever hire a personal trainer! That was my first route when trying to stop my dog from chewing, but after three lessons, my dog STILL chewed, and it cost me hundreds of dollars!

So if you shouldn't hire a personal trainer, what should you do? I mentioned it above, and that is you should take your learning online. This is much cheaper, and YOU will learn how to train your dog, so if he acts up again, you can control him. You can learn more about this, including how I stopped my dog from chewing by following the link below:

No comments:

Post a Comment